Not so long ago, straightening teeth was the domain of teenagers. While going through a period of time with shiny metal on the teeth is practically a rite of passage for young people, very few adults were willing to go this route — thinking it may make them look immature, unprofessional, or just plain unattractive.
But today, the situation has changed dramatically. Adult teeth straightenign options are becoming increasingly popular, largely because of the options now available. With Invisalign clear plastic aligners, patients can shift their teeth quickly, effectively, and discreetly.
Why Should I Bother Straightening My Smile?
So you’ve lived with your crooked smile practically your entire life. Is it even worth it to get it “fixed”? If you are like a lot of people, your less-than-perfect teeth may have taken a hit to your self-esteem. And the easy confidence that comes along with a gorgeous grin is priceless. But this is more than a cosmetic issue. Bite problems can actually be bad for your oral health.
- A bad bite causes unnecessary wear and tear on your teeth. It can also strain your jaw and muscles, causing TMJ pain.
- If your teeth are not aligned properly, it can affect your ability to chew.
- If your teeth overlap at all or are not straight, there may be spots that your toothbrush can’t reach, increasing your risk of decay.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign is a complete departure from traditional straightening methods. When you decide to go with the treatment, you will receive a set of clear plastic aligners that you wear for about two weeks at a time and that will gradually shift your teeth into the desired positions. Your aligners will be custom-crafted just for you, based on highly detailed digital scans of your mouth. Advantages of Invisalign include:
- Molded from very thin, clear plastic, they are practically invisible on the teeth.
- They are removable for eating — so no eating restrictions like with regular methods that use wire and brackets.
- They are removable for cleaning, so you don’t have to learn special brushing and flossing techniques and it’s easier to get your teeth clean than with conventional straightening systems.
- Though they should be worn on average for 22 hours per day for maximum, they can be removed for a special occasion.
- They are totally comfortable ― no hard metal or sharp wires to poke your sensitive mouth tissues.
- Invisalign aligners move your teeth gently with minimal discomfort.
- Invisalign treatment generally requires fewer visits to the dentist’s office for checkups.
- With Invisalign clear plastic aligners, you see results relatively quickly and treatment time tends to be shorter than with conventional methods — about 12 months. (Although every patient is different, of course.)
Call On Us To Straighten Your Smile
If you live in the Florence, SC area and are interested in learning about how Invisalign can straighten your smile invisibly, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. We also have an online contact form for your convenience. Then continue visiting us so you can keep your smile for life!