To keep your smile for life, you need to keep your gums healthy! Fortunately, our dental team can help. We look for signs of gum disease at every dental exam. If you have a gum infection, we will provide treatment to stabilize this condition. We’ll also educate you on how to prevent future instances. Our nonsurgical gum disease treatment in Florence will:Dr. Joseph Griffin on Gum Disease Treatment Read Transcript
Treating gum disease is multi-factoral. You don't just get your teeth cleaned, you don't just take antibiotics, you don't just this. You do everything you can, and it starts with a good cleaning, and understanding that this is a partnership. It's a partnership between you and your dental hygienist and your doctor.
The more you do at home, the less we have to do in the office. That's what we want to do, we want you to need us less. That is our goal. We want to stop active decay, we want to stop that active gum disease, like I said, it's multi-factoral. We come in from one direction by cleaning your teeth, another direction by antibiotics, comes through your bloodstream and attacks it from under the gum, and then we'll put you on an antiseptic mouth rinse.
The last is good oral hygiene. Learning how to floss, learning how to use an electric toothbrush like a Sonicare or a Braun. You do all of these things you're going to win. You're going to win that little battle. You're going to have a good fighting force to help save your teeth and save your teeth economically. Gum disease is something that you can do a lot of, 80% to 90% at home.
- Restore your gums’ healthy appearance
- Keep infection from spreading from your gums to other areas of your mouth
- Reduce your risk of conditions linked to gum disease, like diabetes
- Stop unpleasant symptoms like bleeding gums and bad breath
- Prevent the tooth loss that can occur in advanced cases of gum disease
To keep your gums healthy for life, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. So you can save money on periodontal treatment, we offer a discount of $100 on any procedure over $200 (*New Patients Only).
We Treat Gum Infections With a Deep Cleaning
Our doctors treat infected gums with a deep cleaning treatment called scaling and root planing:
- First, we numb your mouth with local anesthesia. You can also receive dental sedation if you’d like.
- Next, we remove plaque and bacteria accumulation from your teeth (scaling).
- Then we smooth your tooth roots (root planing) to make it more difficult for bacteria to collect at the gumline.
It’s important to treat gum disease as it’s the leading cause of tooth loss among American adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In addition, more than half of adults have some form of infection. Not only that, but research has linked gum disease to serious conditions such as heart disease, stroke, and low birth weight in babies.
See Us If You Have Gum Disease Symptoms
So how do you know if you have unhealthy gums? A professional screening is the only way to know for sure. See us right away if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Tender, red gums
- Bleeding gums
- Gums pulling away from your teeth
- Teeth that feel loose
- Chronic bad breath and/or bad taste in mouth
To schedule a gum screening and nonsurgical gum disease treatment in Florence, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. Our office is minutes away from the Florence Regional Airport.