Find Out If Dental Implants Are Right for You. Call Now to Schedule Your Appointment!843-627-4076
Get Your Smile Back with Dental Implants from Your Florence, SC Dentist
Medical science still hasn’t given us a way to grow new teeth in place of lost ones. However, dental implants just might be the next best thing! When we attach a restoration like a dental crowns or dentures to these tooth root replacements, the result is a smile that looks, feels, and functions just like your own. So even if you have missing teeth, you can keep your smile for life! Our dentists offer a variety of implant options including mini dental implants and All-on-4®. This innovative treatment uses a small number of dental implants to support a full arch of replacement teeth. We can use four implants for the lower arch of teeth but need six implants for the upper arch of teeth. Our experienced dental will assess your situation using the latest technology, like 3D imaging, and review all the possible choices with you. To schedule a dental implant consultation, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076 to schedule your dental implants Florence, SC area appointment.
Even if your jaw isn’t strong enough to support full-size dental implants, we may be able to strengthen it with an oral surgery procedure like a bone graft or use mini dental implants.Dr. John Hess on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are another service that we provide at Advanced Dental Center, and it's one of the more exciting services that we provide for folks. Dental implants are a way of restoring someone's smile in a variety of ways. They can be as little as one tooth, or a whole arch of teeth can be replaced with dental implants. One of the more exciting aspects that we have available is the use of a 3D scanner that helps us precision-place implants so that we can do it right the first time, get it right where we need it, and restore it in the most beautiful fashion available.
Dental Implants Look, Feel & Function Like Your Own Smile
These replacement tooth roots look, feel, and function like your own smile in many ways, including:
- They stay securely in place. We embed titanium roots in your jaw, so they provide an incredibly stable foundation for the dental restoration of your choice.
- They keep your jaw strong. A false tooth root stimulates your jawbone just like your natural tooth roots do. This prevents the bone shrinkage that can occur with some other tooth replacements, which give you an unappealing “sunken-in” look.
- They give you a strong bite. Your bone grows around your implants in a process called osseointegration. Because of this secure placement, your bite will be nearly as strong as before. You can eat whatever you’d like!
- They last a long time. Made of sturdy titanium, your implants should last a lifetime with proper care. Caring for them is so easy; in most cases, you’ll just follow your usual brushing and flossing routine.
Dental Implants Replace Your Natural Tooth Roots
Because our dentists insert the prosthesis into your jawbone, they function like replacement tooth roots and provide support for your replacement teeth. During the procedure, we’ll numb you with local anesthesia. If you’d like, we can also use dental sedation to keep you relaxed.
We can replace a single tooth or even an entire mouthful of missing teeth. You can choose from several dental restorations, including:
- Dental crown, to replace a single tooth
- Dental bridge, to replace several missing teeth
- Dentures, full or partial, to replace anywhere from a few missing teeth to a mouthful of teeth
Stay Comfortable While Getting Dental Implants
We want you to remain comfortable while you receive your tooth replacement. You can even get a neck massage from our certified massage therapist! In addition, you might want:
- Bottled water to refresh you
- Neck pillows to support your head
- Blankets in case you get chilly
- Earbuds you can use with your smartphone or tabley
- Advil or Tylenol to alleviate any discomfort
To find out more about dental implants, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. Our Florence, SC dental office is conveniently located near Magnolia Mall and the Florence Regional Airport.
Dr. John Hess received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree at Stony Brook University School of Medicine. He received advanced training in Implant Dentistry, Oral Surgery and Cosmetic Dentistry at Palmetto Health Richland Hospital in Columbia, SC.