Given that dentures have been found in archaeological digs dating back to the 7th century BC, they’re certainly not one of the latest methods of replacing teeth. Yet they remain popular, and for good reason. Dentures in Florence are:
- More affordable than some other tooth replacement options
- Versatile, as they can be used to replace anywhere from a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful
- Less invasive than some tooth replacement options
Our dental practice offers numerous modern denture options, including temporary dentures and implant-supported dentures. To find out more, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076 . Save money on dentures with our special offer of $100 off any treatment over $200 (*New Patients Only).
Dental Implant Dentures Help Keep Bone Strong
An important benefit of using dental implants for support is that they’ll keep your jaw stronger than other kinds of replacement teeth. That’s because dental implants are embedded in your jawbone and function like natural tooth roots. They stimulate your jaw and help preserve its bone structure.
Implant dentures offer other benefits too:
- They’ll stay in place. Because your implant-supported dentures don’t just rest on your gums, they won’t slip. This is why they’re a popular choice for the lower jaw, where your mouth’s natural suction isn’t as effective at keeping replacement teeth from moving around.
- Their upkeep is more convenient. You won’t need messy adhesive to keep them in place. Depending on which type of replacement teeth you select, cleaning them may be as easy as simply brushing and flossing.
- They feel and function more like your own teeth. Since they’re not sitting on your gums, most people find dental implant solutions more comfortable than conventional dentures. Plus, your bite will be nearly as strong as it was with your own teeth.
- They are versatile. You can get full or partial dentures attached to implants. Our dentists can even attach a full arch of non-removable replacement teeth using just four implants in a procedure called All-on-4®. We use six implants for additional support when replacing the upper arch of teeth.
We offer both implant-supported dentures, which stay in place unless removed by a dentist, and implant-retained dentures, which you can easily remove yourself for cleaning or other reasons.
Consider Other Tooth Replacement Options Too
Dental implant dentures may not be right for you. We offer more conventional solutions, too. We can fill every tooth replacement need. Your choices include:
- A conventional partial denture if you still have some of your own teeth. Partials can be fixed, meaning only a dentist can remove them, or removable, so you can take them out yourself. We can attach them to your own teeth or to dental crowns.
- A conventional full denture to replace a whole mouthful of missing teeth.
- Temporary dentures to be worn immediately after your teeth are removed so you won’t be without teeth while your mouth heals. You can wear them while your final dentures are being created in the lab.
All of the denture options can seem confusing. We’re happy to meet with you and help determine which dentures in Florence will work best for you. To book a consultation, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076 .