Given that dentures have been found in archaeological digs dating back to the 7th century BC, they’re certainly not one of the latest methods of replacing teeth. Yet they remain popular, and for good reason. Dentures in Florence are:We can help get back to enjoying the foods you love Read Transcript
Dentures are not for everybody. Patients need to know that. Genetically speaking, some patients don't have the same teeth as others. Sometimes it's whatever life they had, maybe their life situations wasn't favorable to them to be able to maintain their teeth. There's a lot of things that come into play. Depending on how many teeth they've lost and how the condition of the current teeth is, we decide if they need dentures, and once the decision is made, then we will basically explain to them the whole process.
The main important thing here is that we want the patient to have teeth that they feel comfortable with, not just to function with, but for them to be able to go out and see people and everything. We ensure that when they come in, we take out their teeth, that they have teeth that they leave with that day.
I have a systematic process about it. We usually start with the back teeth and then move on to the front teeth. But before we do so, we make sure that we have their actual upper and lower dentures temporaries ready so that on the day that they remove their front teeth, they can actually have teeth.
We take our time making the dentures. There are some clinics out there that all they care about is just seeing numbers and numbers of patients. They don't care about their products fitting or anything like that, so they might offer it at cheaper prices.
However, when it comes to Advanced Dental Center, the main thing for us is to get the best-fitting product for our patients. Because at the end of the day, if these dentures were made by me, that I'm going to take pride in my work. So I'll make sure that I get the patient the best product possible before they go home.
- More affordable than some other tooth replacement options
- Versatile, as they can be used to replace anywhere from a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful
- Less invasive than some tooth replacement options
Our dental practice offers numerous modern denture options, including temporary dentures and implant-supported dentures. To find out more, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. Save money on dentures with our special offer of $100 off any treatment over $200 (*New Patients Only).
Dental Implant Dentures Help Keep Bone Strong
An important benefit of using dental implants for support is that they’ll keep your jaw stronger than other kinds of replacement teeth. That’s because dental implants are embedded in your jawbone and function like natural tooth roots. They stimulate your jaw and help preserve its bone structure.
Implant dentures offer other benefits too:
- They’ll stay in place. Because your implant-supported dentures don’t just rest on your gums, they won’t slip. This is why they’re a popular choice for the lower jaw, where your mouth’s natural suction isn’t as effective at keeping replacement teeth from moving around.
- Their upkeep is more convenient. You won’t need messy adhesive to keep them in place. Depending on which type of replacement teeth you select, cleaning them may be as easy as simply brushing and flossing.
- They feel and function more like your own teeth. Since they’re not sitting on your gums, most people find dental implant solutions more comfortable than conventional dentures. Plus, your bite will be nearly as strong as it was with your own teeth.
- They are versatile. You can get full or partial dentures attached to implants. Our dentists can even attach a full arch of non-removable replacement teeth using just four implants in a procedure called All-on-4®. We use six implants for additional support when replacing the upper arch of teeth.
We offer both implant-supported dentures, which stay in place unless removed by a dentist, and implant-retained dentures, which you can easily remove yourself for cleaning or other reasons.
Consider Other Tooth Replacement Options Too
Dental implant dentures may not be right for you. We offer more conventional solutions, too. We can fill every tooth replacement need. Your choices include:
- A conventional partial denture if you still have some of your own teeth. Partials can be fixed, meaning only a dentist can remove them, or removable, so you can take them out yourself. We can attach them to your own teeth or to dental crowns.
- A conventional full denture to replace a whole mouthful of missing teeth.
- Temporary dentures to be worn immediately after your teeth are removed so you won’t be without teeth while your mouth heals. You can wear them while your final dentures are being created in the lab.
All of the denture options can seem confusing. We’re happy to meet with you and help determine which dentures in Florence will work best for you. To book a consultation, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076.