Find Your New Smile with Dentures by Calling Today!843-627-4076
Our Dentists Offer Multiple Dentures Options
Given that dentures have been found in archaeological digs dating back to the 7th century BC, they’re certainly not one of the latest methods of replacing teeth. Yet they remain popular, and for good reason:
- They are more affordable than some other tooth replacement options.
- False teeth are versatile. You can use them to replace anywhere from a few missing teeth to an entire mouthful.
- They are less invasive than some tooth replacement options.
Our dental offer numerous modern dentures options, including temporary and dental implant-supported dentures. To find out more, call Advanced Dental Center Florence, SC dental office at 843-627-4076.Dr. Herbert on dentures Read Transcript
Sometimes it's the only thing that works for them. I've had people tell me after we take out all of their teeth to make complete dentures, many of them feel so much better because they just got real badly diseased teeth and they just feel better physically once the bad teeth are gone. Then they get used to wearing dentures. Some people just take to it like a duck to water, and other people just have a time with them. So, you never know until you get there. I've had people that I didn't think were gonna wear them comfortably at all, and they had no trouble at all. And other people that I thought would do fine, and sometimes they are the ones that have the trouble. But, we just try to take each case individually and do the best we can do.
When we do dentures, we take a good bit of time in making them. We do what we call a try-in, where we sit the teeth in wax and they can try them in and see how they look, and see how they feel, and we check the bite, we call it occlusion, to see if it's proper. So we go through a good many steps, and we find that that helps in the end product greatly, instead of trying to do it fast. I tell folks that come to see us, “If you're in a hurry to get it, this isn't the place to go because we take time making them.“ But I think it's proved very successful over the years.
Dental Implant Dentures Help Keep Bone Strong
An important benefit of the dental implant supports is that they’ll keep your jaw stronger than traditional fake teeth will. That’s because we attach your replacement teeth to dental implants that are embedded in your jawbone and function like natural tooth roots. They stimulate your jaw and help preserve its bone structure.
Dental implant dentures offer other benefits too:
- They’ll stay in place. Because your implant-supported dentures don’t just rest on your gums, they won’t slip. This is why they’re a popular choice for the lower jaw, where your mouth’s natural suction isn’t as effective at keeping traditional false teeth from moving around.
- Their upkeep is more convenient. You won’t need messy adhesive to keep them in place. Depending on which type of replacement teeth you select, cleaning them may be as easy as simply brushing and flossing.
- They feel and function more like your own teeth. Since they’re not sitting on your gums, most people find dental implant solutions more comfortable than conventional dentures. Plus, your bite will be nearly as strong as it was with your own teeth.
- They are versatile. You can get full or partial dentures attached to dental implants. Our dentists can even attach a full arch of non-removable replacement teeth using just four implants in a procedure called All-on-4®. We use six implants for additional support when replacing the upper arch of teeth.
We offer both implant-supported dentures, which stay in place unless removed by a dentist, and implant-retained dentures, which you can easily remove yourself for cleaning or other reasons.
You Have Other Tooth Replacement Options, Too
Dental implant dentures may not be right for you. We offer more conventional solutions, too. We can fill every tooth replacement need. Your choices include:
- Partial denture, if you still have some of your own teeth. Partials can be fixed, meaning only a dentist can remove them, or removable, so you can take them out yourself. We can attach them to your own teeth or to dental crowns.
- Full denture replace a whole mouthful of missing teeth.
- Temporary denture can be worn immediately after your teeth are removed so you won’t need to be without teeth while your mouth heals. You can wear them while your final dentures are being created in the lab.
All of the denture options can seem confusing. Our dental team are happy to meet with you and help determine which type of replacement teeth will work best for you. To book a consultation, call Advanced Dental Center Florence, SC dental office at 843-627-4076.