Not all dentists perform oral surgery procedures, and dental practices that do often offer only the most basic treatments. Thanks to the expertise of our doctors, we offer a wide range of oral surgery in Florence, from tooth extractions to sinus lifts to gum grafts.We want keep you relaxed and comfortable Read Transcript
This is basically part of the whole picture. So we make sure that the patient is comfortable. For me personally, I always tell the patient, Hey, I want you to be comfortable because if you're not, I can't be working on you.
And we also talk to the patient ahead of time, make sure that they can go through the planned procedure. So for our anxious patients, we actually have some adjuncts we can use like nitrous oxide; gets people really relaxed during the procedure. We also have, we can do some oral sedation options, like we like to prescribe our patients sometimes. It really helps them a lot.
And these options take the edge off of the procedure and get them more relaxed so that they will be more receptive to the treatment. And at the end of the day, when the patient is more relaxed, they have a better experience, we have an easier time. So it's a win-win situation. And we try to do that with every single patient.
Yes, it applies to oral surgery the most, but really applies to every other procedure we do. Oral surgery is no exception. It might be more scary to patients, getting a surgical procedure done, but in the grand scheme of things, the process is pretty similar.
That's what we strive to do, keep our patients comfortable.
You’ll benefit from:
- A Highly Skilled Team – Our talented dental team has 200-plus years of combined dental experience. One of our doctors even teaches at SCMU.
- Sedation – You can choose dental sedation, which is a medication you take prior to your appointment to help you relax while we work.
- Advanced Technology – We use 3D imaging and other high-tech equipment to plan and perform your procedures.
- Faster Healing – We use platelet-rich plasma (PRP), a material we create by taking a small amount of your blood and running it through a centrifuge. PRP accelerates healing, reduces risk of infection, and results in faster bone growth (when used as part of a bone graft).
If you think you need an oral surgery procedure, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. We’re open as late as 7 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Get Bone Grafts, Tooth Extractions, Gum Grafts, & More
One of the requirements for dental implants is a jaw that is strong enough to support the titanium implants. If you lack adequate bone density, our team can perform treatments designed to beef up your bone structure, including:
- Bone grafts
- Ridge augmentation
- Sinus lifts
We perform other oral surgery procedures as well, including:
- Gum grafts, to repair a receding gumline and restore it to health
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom teeth removal
- Apicoectomy, a variation of a root canal
- Residual root removal, to remove a tooth root left behind after an extraction
- Drainage of an abscessed tooth to relieve pain and restore your oral health