Not all dentists perform oral surgery procedures, and dental practices that do often offer only the most basic treatments. Thanks to the expertise of our doctors, we offer a wide range of oral surgery in Florence, from tooth extractions to sinus lifts to gum grafts.Dr. Devon Parks on Oral Surgery Read Transcript
Well, our oral surgery in a general practice like this is limited to extractions, some of which are surgical, but in the event that it's a more advanced case, where teeth are impacted, say ... you can't see them. They're below the bone. Well, I used to do them and was trained to do them. I prefer to have the patients see an oral surgeon now because there are a lot of situations where they're near dangerous things, like major nerves and major arteries within the bone near the tooth. Those are the kind that you want the oral surgeons, who are trained for that sort of thing, to do, so we partner up with the oral surgeons in the community to do those cases.
We do some periodontal-type surgeries, open, which is to reflect the gums and get the diseased gum bone and plaque off the teeth. We have that capability. We also do some grafts, soft-tissue grafts, which come in different shapes and sizes. We can do that sort of thing too. Bone grafts is an integral part of our implant dentistry, in which we extract the tooth. We want the bone to stay healthy. If you take a tooth out, the bone will shrink. If we place an implant at the time of the extraction, it rebuilds the bone without shrinkage, so that we have plenty of bone to place an implant in there, to replace that tooth. We're able to take a patient from any condition to full-mouth rehabilitation, which is our goal and our passion.
You’ll benefit from:
- A Highly Skilled Team – Our talented dental team has 200-plus years of combined dental experience. One of our doctors even teaches at SCMU.
- Sedation – You can choose dental sedation, which is a medication you take prior to your appointment to help you relax while we work.
- Advanced Technology – We use 3D imaging and other high-tech equipment to plan and perform your procedures.
- Faster Healing – We use platelet-rich plasma (PRP), a material we create by taking a small amount of your blood and running it through a centrifuge. PRP accelerates healing, reduces risk of infection, and results in faster bone growth (when used as part of a bone graft).
If you think you need an oral surgery procedure, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076. We’re open as late as 7 p.m. on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Get Bone Grafts, Tooth Extractions, Gum Grafts, & More
One of the requirements for dental implants is a jaw that is strong enough to support the titanium implants. If you lack adequate bone density, our team can perform treatments designed to beef up your bone structure, including:
- Bone grafts
- Ridge augmentation
- Sinus lifts
We perform other oral surgery procedures as well, including:
- Gum grafts, to repair a receding gumline and restore it to health
- Tooth extractions, including wisdom teeth removal
- Apicoectomy, a variation of a root canal
- Residual root removal, to remove a tooth root left behind after an extraction
- Drainage of an abscessed tooth to relieve pain and restore your oral health