Tooth fillings in Florence are one of the most important services we offer at Advanced Dental Center. While simple, a tooth filling will prevent a cavity from becoming worse and requiring more complicated and costly treatment.Dr. Devon Parks on Tooth Fillings Read Transcript
Tooth fillings and the restoration of a tooth, with a cavity in it, requires preparing that cavity in a certain shape, and then applying the restorative material, which in this case would be, for me personally, cosmetic composite resins which match the tooth and bond and strength in the tooth.
Our restorative dentists will:
- Use advanced technology like laser cavity detectors to find decay in its earliest stages
- Recommend the best method for repairing your cavity, whether it’s a dental filling, a crown, or another restoration
- Numb your mouth with local anesthesia to ensure your comfort during the procedure and offer dental sedation if you need it
Think you may have a cavity that needs to be filled? Call us at 843-627-4076 to know more about your options.
Receive the Right Repair With Two Types of Dental Fillings
Because all cavities are different, we use two types of tooth fillings. Our team will help you determine which one will work best for your needs:
- Metal (Amalgam) Fillings – These silver tooth fillings are made of a blend of materials. Two of their biggest benefits are their affordability and their durability.
- Composite Resin Fillings – One of resin’s biggest benefits is that our dentists can match it to the color of your teeth so it blends in naturally with your smile. It also requires less modification of your teeth than amalgam fillings. However, it is more costly than amalgam and typically won’t last as long as a metal filling.
Though every situation is different, we often recommend resin for fillings in the front of your mouth or other highly visible areas. Our team will take the time to discuss the pros and cons of each approach with you.
Discovering cavities in their earliest stages makes it easier to treat them with dental fillings. We use technology like laser cavity detectors and handheld intraoral cameras during your dental exams to find cavities early. In addition to helping us obtain digital images of your mouth, an intraoral camera allows us to easily share these images with you in real time so we can better explain your treatment options.
To see if you need tooth fillings in Florence, call Advanced Dental Center at 843-627-4076 .